What is retirement living?
Retirement living is a special combination of
housing and personalized services. It offers assistance and care in a warm
homestyle residential setting.
Who is it for?
Retirement living is designed for those who should
not live alone but do not need to be in an institutional setting such as a
What are the benefits to the older person?
Retirement living brings together the best of all
the services that an older person requires
Most importantly the individual moving into a
residential; setting almost always benefits from living in a community of peers
with whom he or she can have social interaction.
Code Of Ethics
At RFCH we are proud to belong to the
Ontario Retirement Communities Association, and to operate under their guiding
As members of ORCA, we believe and affirm our
responsibilities to our residents and we subscribe to the following code of
- We will maintain the highest standards of integrity in all of
our dealings with residents, families, employees and suppliers.
- We will deal honestly, openly and fairly with our residents
and their families.
- We uphold the principle of appropriate and adequate
compensation for the services provided.
- We will provide adequate, safe and pleasant facilities and
service our residents to the best of our ability, having regard for the total
physical, emotional and spiritual needs of our residents.
- We respect the rights of our residents as individuals, as set
out in the "Commitment to Residents" adopted by the ORCA.
- We will employ staff with good moral character and
satisfactory experience, competency and compassion.
- We will further ensure that at all times, our staff are
courteous and respects the dignity of our residents, their relatives and the
- We will comply with relevant municipal and provincial
regulations governing our sector and work toward improvement in regulations to
ensure the best interests and well-being of our residents.
- We will avoid all conduct or practices likely to discredit the
long-term residential care industry.
Commitment To Residents
The owners and staff of Rideau Ferry Country Home
make the following commitment to all our residents:
- That before moving into our facility, each resident is fully
aware of our service package and the monthly costs for providing these
amenities. At the same time, we make certain that all prospective residents
(and their families) are aware of other services not covered under the basic
rate and practices and policies regarding rate increases.
- That residents will only be transferred or discharged from
this facility for medical reasons, for the welfare of other residents or non
payment. In every case, 90-day advance notice will be given to ensure a smooth
- That while living at this facility, all residents will be
encouraged to voice any concerns and recommend changes in policies and services
without any interference, coercion, discrimination or reprisal.
- That all residents will be provided regular updates on any
financial transactions made on their behalf.
- That residents are free to pursue individual interests, meet
with and participate in social, religious and community activities of their
- That all residents may associate and communicate privately
with people of their choice and send/receive correspondence without
- That all residents may use their own personal possessions as
safety and space permits.
- That every resident is treated with consideration, respect and
full recognition of his/her dignity and individuality.
- That residents are notified, in writing, at least ninety (90)
day in advance of any proposed rate increases.
What questions do you have?
We always want to know the concerns of the public,
and we invite you to share your concerns or any issues that you have with the
Retirement Care system today.